View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #59
kbracing96

Re: 4x4 with air bags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454_72_4X4 View Post
msgross beat me to it! I was just gonna ask if there was room to do a cross over steering setup with your front setup?

Are the 4 link arms parallel? The pics make it look like they're wider where they're mounted to the axle compared to where they're mounted to the frame. (Slightly outward? angle).

Are you going to gusset the upper bag mount somehow? Maybe I'm gettin my cart ahead of your horse...

Looks like excellent work so far! Every time you post more pics I think more and more about trying this on my truck.
After looking at it some more, I'm not sure the cross over steering would work with the where I have to mount the shock in front of the axle on the passenger side.

Ya, the bars are parallel, the frame narrows in, so it looks like the angle out. I do plan on gusseting the upper bag mounts some more, these pics were just to show you guys the basic idea I was using to bag it, still far from done

:Mods:
One of them turbo muffler things (someone on the internet told me it dosn't work, so it must be true )
An extra radiator for the air (don't know what that does )
A bumpy stick thingy from a Corvette
And on top of that my truck has a drug problem, it addicted to meth! Anyone know a good rehab center

Project
72 Chevy 4x4 longbed, 5.3/4L60 swap with a Master Power T-70 turbo and air bags in the works

Last edited by kbracing96; 01-10-2007 at 01:07 PM.
kbracing96 is offline   Reply With Quote