Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 09:00 PM   #294
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

Well, Great start. As you know I'm starting a 67-72 build. At the moment, the front plan is like yours. I'm planning to use a 2 1/2" drop spindle, and raise the crossmember 1 1/2". (4" total) I settled on 1 1/2" because thats all I can get without raising the motor (bad). So if I need to get any more drop, I'll cut the springs. My plan is to use stock small block springs, a bit softer, and a HUGE swaybar. When it comes to the steering, if you raise the steering, you'll have to raise the motor. - so, for me, thats out. I plan on swapping the tie-rod end for a hiem end, and mounting on the bottom side of the steering arm. This may leed to a modified or custom centerlink to get the bumpsteer perfect. This could be the first C-10 steering kit from No Limit. A center link, tie-rod adjuster sleaves, and hiems. Z'ing has no effect on steering or motor placement, because in reality, your dropping the cab, not raising the suspension. (in relation to the ground) Out back, if your dropping 6" in front, I'll guess to a 7" or 8" drop in the rear. That means step notch and raised bed floor. So, trailing arms, or a four link. To me the ultimate would be a 3 link, with a bisquit style torque link up top, a watts link, and sprung on outboard on 7" coil-overs with dual adjustable shock. - But, that is NOT a user-or-builder friendly set up. So, keep it simple, so you can finish it, and have some fun!!

Last edited by robnolimit; 12-31-2010 at 09:02 PM.
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote