View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 10:12 AM   #11
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Edelbrock or Holley?

Coke, Pepsi or Mt Dew???

I've ran edelbrokes , Holleys, Carter and Rochester Q-jets, Holley MPFI Holley TBI kits,, and we all have our favorites and our nemesis. ANY of them can be a POS right out of the box, and likewise any of them can fit an application well.

Thinking ANY CARB is an out of the box, plug and play, perfect tune carb is foolishness.

Edelbroke carbs are cheap, and as long as you get fuel pressure in range for the carb, and your free O2 / vacuum signal is close, they will get you from point A to point B.

Go to the track and you won't see any of the quick cars running Edelbroke carbs, but you won't see them running ANY vacuum secondary carb.

Likewise any if efficiency / emissions and good tune is a concern,,, you can't compare a feedback EFI with ANY carb.

So if your not looking for all out POWER,, and not looking for ultimate efficiency perfection,,, then pick your poison...
So I digress,,,, Would you like fries with your Coke / Pepsi / Dr Pepper???

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote