View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #6
Torqueforce

Re: 1965 C10 Stepside, project daily driver

Thanks for the warm welcome yall! I'm a 19 year old on a budget so this build will probably be somewhat slow but good things take time. I came from a mechanics background in fuel injected cars so I've got alot of learning to do about these old trucks. I got some pics of my motor and the new truck bed installed. The LMC oak kit is beautiful and well worth the money, a real night and day difference from the old piece of plywood. As far as plans I'm gonna keep stock ride height, I know it's rolly polly but there's something nice about being so high up on the road and having all that clearance. A set of 3.08 gears is gonna be coming soon, so I can take the damn thing on the highway and hopefully get better fuel economy around town. This poor 230 has to rev up to about 2600 RPM to hit 50 mph, and with a glasspack it screams. As for the 327 it's going to be a mild build, its got a set of fuelie heads on it, still needs alot of things intake/headers/ignition. I'm going to be using a 450cfm holley economaster to start with, if I make around 250 crank HP and a decent amount of torque I'll be very happy. My goals for this "build" are modest, a good looking old truck that rides well and sounds good but can scoot when I need it too and hopefully get more than 10mpg.
Attached Images

Torqueforce is offline   Reply With Quote