View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #13
izzy_Britton

Re: 2000 silverado brake light issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 S_Trucker View Post
The EBCM is a electronic module that gets inputs from wheel speed sensors, and it will activate the ABS when needed. Its basically the brain for the abs system.

Why wouldn't it pass inspection? I did a search and it looks like warning lights can be on for the ABS system, but it will still pass.

PA is very similar. You can only fail if there is a hydraulic problem, not for an electrical problem.
totally off topic here... but man i feel bad for you guys up in the north east. I thought california emissions testing was a ridiculous dog and pony show for no reason. if they test all your stuff up there, man i feel privileged (not really the smog tests are a PITA) but you get my drift.

I wonder if my TECH2 scanner can program the EBCM? i will have to look to see if it is an option. I just bought it and havent had much chance to play with all the features.

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote