View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 05:01 PM   #6
Scott2

Re: Evap System Setup??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77c10bowtie View Post
Either way, I would just say the motor is a 79 and they can't tell you it isn't, they aren't certified or qualified to make that call.

Here in AZ we have the same emissions tests and I know several people who go that route.
I could, but it’s really not a big deal to hook up emissions. I took the truck thru emissions here before I yanked the motor and they did a pretty thorough inspection. They looked under it with a mirror to see the cat and be sure it’s all connected right, and then looked over the fuel cap, air injection and Evap systems to confirm it was all there and connected, then an idle and low speed test. I had to go get a new cat and go back and then it passed.

Stock is Kinda counter to the hot rod approach but this will be my son’s truck and when he’s out of high school in two years he could end up anywhere for college and then someplace different for work. No point in setting him up for trouble later. If we just keep the Tahoe motor stock, install cats and O2 sensors, and hook up Evap it’ll still be a sweet truck and he can get it registered anywhere.

For my ‘51 it’s a different story! No emissions.