View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 09:22 PM   #76
GAc10boy

Re: '92 Chevy c1500 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Sounds like a useful truck...any plans to start updates with Ollie?
The '92 is an awesome truck! Really happy with it. As for Ollie, I decided to not start a thread for now. I get burned out easily and have a tendency to not finish a project and I thought that might be contributing (trying to keep pictures uploaded, documenting progress, keeping up with the rat race, etc) so I'm holding off for now. It currently sits as a drivable truck with a mostly completely refurbished interior. I've pulled the old aftermarket trim and need to pull the current straight 6 bc even though it runs and drives, the current motor has a pretty bad knock in the bottom end and has bad rings. I have another low mileage straight 6 that I plan to beef up and drop in.

In preparation for new trim and motor, I'm debating whether to try my hand at a frame up resto. The cab has some considerable rust down low and I'm just not sure I'll be happy with it if I don't fix it (or have it fixed). If I take my time and just complete one portion at a time, I think I can do it (like i did with interior, start with frame/chassis).

All that said, that's where I am for now. If I'm going to pull the front clip and bed to clean up, do suspension, put in new motor, I figure I may just dive in all the way. I like the truck, it's a shorty, and I have a title so it's worth the investment, in my opinion.

Welcome opinions.

UNITED BY TRUCKS - classic truck video content
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/unitedbytrucks
Instagram: @united_by_trucks
Paw Paw '68 508 Dark Blue Custom C10
Teddy '68 GMC SWB 503 Light Green LS Build
Mississippi Mud '75 Skyline Blue Patina SBC Build
GAc10boy is offline   Reply With Quote