View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 04:20 PM   #9
NDM

Re: Bucketlist Blazer -Restomod build 6.6liter L8T

I have been dying of indecision with this thing. First off, I keep going back to keeping it as a 4wd but I want to keep the 6 speed tranny. The issue is that I have a perfectly good 2wd 6l90e with 25k miles. I do not want to cut the shaft. Also, I would have to buy the expensive Advance adapter for the 4wd and buy dual driveshafts. That all adds up. I would be then left with a barely used 4wd system that cost alot and still does not solve my ride quality concerns.

Now the frustrating part. I have read a bazillion threads on how to convert to 2wd. That part is fairly simple. The difficult part is that my 2wd crossmember is from a 84 c20. for the life of me I cannot figure out exactly what is needed to run factory height springs but retain my 6 lug wheels. It is very important for me to retain my 6 lug rally wheels. I do not want to run 8 lug or 5 lug wheels. When I am ready to upsize the wheels, I want to keep 6 lug. I just do not understand why it is so difficult to have the exact 8 lug rotors made but with 6 lugs.

I am going to try to track down the ece style 3/4 ton to 1/2 ton spindle if it is still made and run 6 lug 1/2 ton rotors. I have the equipment so I might as well use it. I just wish that there was a simple conversion rotor from 8 to 6 lug. Things like this frustrate a simpleton like me. A simple 8 lug rotor blank could be machined to 6 lugs instead of having to change rotors, calipers pads, etc.

NDM is offline   Reply With Quote