View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #1234
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Didn't mean to toss any tools in the box there. The way you described plan "A" sounded to me like you kinda felt the same way anyways. I was simply saying what you 'wanted' someone to say right?
Sounds and looks like you did some heavy thinking on all that sway bar geometry. That's a whole-lotta shifting going on up there but I think you've got it covered well. Can't wait to see some stance shots once you've got it mocked back up Vic!
You're right, John. The decision to stuff everything in the bed was made very reluctantly. I needed a push to reconsider and not take the easy way out. You provided that and I appreciate it. The effort will be worth it in the end.

The sway bar deal has also been lurking in background ever since I got it. Never did like the way it attached, plus the ends weren't symmetric. So it got a makeover. The big unknown is how well the 7/16 rod ends will last. I had some 1/2" ones in a spare parts box, but they looked kinda big for the space. I don't autocross or off road my trucks, so hopefully these ends will stand up. If they don't, I'll dust off the 1/2 inchers and make them work somehow.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote