View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
292farmer

Re: 1972 GMC "the beast" c20

so i got an idea ive got an electric fuel pump off a go kart and alot of 1/8in diamond plate was thinking of building two tanks to go between bed rail against cab to couple inches up fender well of rear wheel plus if its 6in wide and goes from bed floor to bottom of rail i figure between 8-12gal capacity each (havent found gallon to volume conversion yet) i figure i would use a manually operated switch and when gas tank in cab hits 1/4 turn on pump till 3/4 then stop pump all i need is two gas caps and some more fuel line and at least one fuel filter im thinking two. yes i did check to make sure pump is 12v all i need too know is do i need a vapor or vent line? or as long as all three gas caps are self venting should i be good? i was thinking just one line in each bed tank that are then joined right before the pump then after pump running a flexible braided steel line (for flex) into cab tank. does anyone see anything i missed? or an improvement? i have 80-90% of this so it appears as a cheap upgrade with out taking up a huge amount of bed space, i figure they will tuck under the bed rail at least 1-2inches so only 4-5in sticking out depending on final size def. plan on double thick sides facing into bed to protect,hardest part i see is making sure bed to cab line is flexible enough for any chassis movement i drew a diagram in paint to help understand it better hope it loads a decent size
Attached Images

292farmer is offline   Reply With Quote