View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 08:15 AM   #4
moregrip

Re: purchased C10 grill from gmachinz

As you can see from the pic the mounting tabs are indexed differently front to back such that when the metal clips are aligned with the corresponding holes on the upper support bracket the grill pushes out too far and interferes with the trim ring. That of course, is in addition to the more obvious labels: "base" from the truck grill that came off my truck and "base van" from the grill gmachinz shipped to me.

What you can't see in the pic is the grill is actually slightly narrower than a truck grill and the lower outer mounting tabs fall about a 1/2" to short from the factory holes in the lower valance.

In addition to not physically mounting up correctly, or at all for that matter, the narrower grill will/would be aesthetically "off" because there will be larger than factory gaps between headlight bezels and front grill.

I can also post the PM's exchanged between gmachinz and I to better capture our fitment discussion.

This very well may have been a honest mistake (at least initially) and I would have been ok with that as long as gmachinz made this right........no harm no foul......unfortunately he has yet to respond to the PM's I sent to him regarding this issue.

1983 Chevy C10 250/3spd (current project truck)
1976 Chevy C10 350/350 Heavy Half (future project truck)

Last edited by moregrip; 09-15-2017 at 09:23 AM.
moregrip is offline   Reply With Quote