View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #14
GMC-YA68

Re: Looking for LS swap installers

It depends on what parts you are using. I easily had $5k in parts alone. But I bought parts that were available as a bolt on / direct fit application (no fab work)

Engine / Tranny combo - $2000
BP Automotive - Stand Alone Harness with fan and fuse kit. - $700
Entropy LSX swap radiator, fans, specifically built for the truck. - $900
EFI Fuel tank, system, pump, lines. $500. Since you have a truck it will be more since you will most likely need to have something like a boyds EFI tank.
Dakota Digital gauges - plug directly into the OBD2 port and read off the computer instead of wiring every gauge. $1000.00
Motor / tranny / t-case mount from Advanced Adapters - $800 (2wd trucks are way cheaper)
Doug Thorley Headers - $700. You can find TBSS or camaro manifolds for $100 or less.
Full Exhaust system / mufflers - $700

thats not counting any suspension, brakes, wheels / tires, I have no AC, if I had a truck then I'd want it. $1500 there.

No idea what rear end you have, if it has posi? wrong gearing for the 4 speed auto? etc.

Not trying to scare you, but what i usually end up with is the budget number that I think it would take to build it and then multiply by 1.5.

That being said, lots of guys do this cheaper with different parts. I just wanted to give you my view from 30,000 ft.

Secondly, someone said to sell your truck....I love those trucks, I'd be interested if you want rid of it.

'72 Jimmy 4x4 - 5.3/4L65E/NP205 swap
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663780
GMC-YA68 is offline   Reply With Quote