View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #10
Curt's_72

Re: Curt's '72 K20 Resto-mod

well, it happened. The same story that alot of us get dealing with bodyshops and restorations. I got put on hold. For, well, about 11 months. I was bummed at first, but there wasn't anything I could do since the work all consisted of what I was paying someone for. I had removed everything I could blast, powdercoat or replace that needed it.
Then I moved on with remodels at home, kids in activities and the such. We have a 2+ car garage, and nothing has been sitting out, so I invested in a couple of small restorations to fill my time. A quickie 1983 ATC70 was probably the most fun. Also a one owner 1980 NC50 came along for another time.
By now, it became apparent that I needed to move in a different direction. The place where the truck was wasn't going to finish it. I contacted a couple of local shops but since I couldn't get the truck to them for a visual, they didn't even want to talk to me about it.
My bodyman was also working towards this same thing for me. The owner of another shop he had worked at before agreed to at least look at it. All things happen for a reason. The new shop gratiously accepted the job, the first shop agreed to pay a good portion of the bill to the new shop, and things worked out.
We're now up to getting the truck to them, after another 6 months. Hopfully we'll start seeing progress from them now.
Curt's_72 is offline   Reply With Quote