View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 12:20 AM   #18
Jacfourteen
Big Red - Now its a SWB!

Re: Big Red, my 68 3/4 ton GMC

Well it's still raining here but I got sick of waiting and did some work on my truck today. I removed the bumpstops first, and let me say for 4 little rivets they were a lot of work! the rivets were on the bottom of the frame so beating them out was a real pain. after I got those out I unbolted the exhaust to get it out of the way. I figured that before I started cleaning and painting that I should mock everything up so that I could avoid surprises later. So I hauled the old stuff to the side yard and hauled the new (used) parts over to bolt them on for mock-up. Well after I bolted everything on I found out that my existing shock mounts won't work so I'll have to go get the coil spring shock mounts from the truck that I got the rest of the stuff off of. I also still need to go get the upper spring mounts and some 6 lug wheels. So tomorrow I will hit the junk yard again, and the hardware store for some grade 8 bolts. Here are some pictures that I took tonight, sorry about the quality my cell phone takes crappy pics at night.

The pain in the a$$ bumpstops and the center punch that got lots of use getting them off:

Where the mufflers used to be:

Where the mufflers are now:

Some pictures of how it looks bolted up (for now):

68 3/4 ton (Project)-350 Small Block, .030 over, 10:1 comp, 3998993 heads, C3BX edelbrock intake, comp cams XE268, Holley 670 SA, long tube headers, dual flow 40's, E-fan, Alum rad, currently under the knife getting shortened and bagged build thread
41 3/4 ton (wife's)-flatbed, fully restored to original
01 Tahoe LT 4WD (my daily driver)-Magnaflow Muffler, Rollin on 22's
02 Ford Mustang Convertable (Wife's Car)-Flowmaster 50, Clear corners, Intake, sittin on 18's
Jacfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote