View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 07:47 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Wish I hadn’t sold it?

Is your 'accumilation' causing problems in your life? No? Then you are a collector. As far as how much of a thing is too much? No such thing. That is a number only we can set for ourselves.

I have sold down my model kit collection to leave only GM trucks... almost. Man do I have me some die cast truck banks, though. I probably was caught up in some sort of obsessive behavior with collecting there for a while. It was a high for sure when I'd buy another car, truck, cycle, bicycle, outboard motor, truck part, pressed steel toy trucks, die cast old & new, and on and on. My wife had things she collected and I bought more of her collection than she did. I just had to buy something!!!!!

I'm glad I have gained control of those impulses. Not 100% happy and I still get every impulse. I still want stuff!! But maintaining a manageable life is what's most important to me now. Still working on getting there, too

There will be other vehicles in my future, and I'll be keeping them

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote