Thread: Herd immunity
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 12:15 AM   #31
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: Herd immunity

I see and hear a lot of stress out there. Fear and anger which is understandable. Survival is a basic instinct.

But when you think about it. There's a lot of things out there that can kill you in an instant. Heart failure, accidents, you name it. It's a long list. We've all lost people in the blink of an eye. I know I have. This virus is just the new kid on the block.

I don't worry about being killed when I get in my car. But I easily could be. It happens every day. I don't worry about a heart attack when I shove a double chili cheeseburger in my mouth.

But the one positive about this mess It makes you think. I believe that it has caused people to get closer or reunite with their loved ones. To appreciate them maybe a little more and not take them for granted. Or take anything else for granted for that matter. Life is finite. It's all you have and it's a limited time offer. Sometimes we seem to forget about that.

My wife just got back from a 10 hour shift at the hospital. And I'm going to hug her and give her a kiss. If she was exposed to the virus it was nice knowing you. But that won't stop me. I love her and something's going to kill me anyway.

Carpe Diem.

1970 Mustang Fastback

2006 Corvette

1991 Cadillac Hearse

1980 Jeep CJ5

2003 Porsche Carrera

R.I.P. El Jay
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote