View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 09:06 AM   #13
shifty
Questionable

Re: Took a shot at buffing/polishing today

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90OBS View Post
I would try wet sanding, 1500 , 3000 , then compound, wax. Since it was probably never waxed or buffed I would think all the original clear thickness is there.
Original clear is mostly missing on any body panel that sits horizontal to the ground (anything that caught more sun). You can see all the pock marks on the hood where the clear has flaked. Top strip of the doors where it meets the roof is similar.

Sadly the roof clear is almost entirely peeled away, with a tough edge that would need to be sanded hard. I still cut and polished it, maybe a bad idea, my orange pad was loaded after, could only get about 80% back out of the pad. It'll be enough for me to finish the truck off though.

Still, looks great after wax, hopefully getting all that oxidized paint out, polishing what's there and waxing will help keep the oxidation at bay for a year or two?

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote