View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 04:54 PM   #121
SierraMtns

Re: No Limit Trailing Arm Rear Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
This truck already had a bolt-in notch. Now, lets talk about that. Shame on the aftermarket. Shame on them for helping you cut into your truck for no reason. ??? OK, the frame is approximately 4" tall (rail height), keep that in mind. Also, the rear gear housing is about 4" above the top of the axle tube. (top of center chunk to top of axle tube. So, if you pull the bump stops, and the axle travels up to hit the bottom of the frame, the top of the center section (gear housing) is even with the top of the frame. Are you with me so far? Now realize that the OE bed floor is .75" above the top of the frame. (Or worse, even with it if it's a wood floor). So, if the axle travels up more than 3/4" into the notch, WHAMMO, it hits the bed floor. So, if your keeping the OE bed floor, a 1" notch with a side mounted bump stop is all you need, and you wouldn't cut the frame so much.OK, I know some of you want it lower, and will cut a hole in the bed floor, but that's not what we're doing here. Please think about the notch thing before you cut.

We are working on a notch kit with bump-stops included, but the forming match may take another two months. We are not going to include bolt-in C notches with this kit. We will have them available separately. But, sincle so many trucks are already notched, we are not going to force you to buy something that you don't need, or don't want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
Why not just any other notch? Isn't the panhard specifically designed to work with the CPP notch?
I would like to keep as much of frame as possible. No reason to cut more out when its not needed.
SierraMtns is offline   Reply With Quote