View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #18
Slofarmtruck

Re: 1986 nissan 300ZX-V8 Swap

WOW! ok well I do already have a build thread going on Hybrid Z in the Other V8 section since I was originally doing the caddy motor. I picked up a welded R200 diff that I will play with until it or something else explodes. lol. I am planning on running the HEI distributor and understand that some firewall hammering is required. I will be fabbing my own motor mounts like the pictures below. That owner ground off the stock mounting tabs and welded on the sqaure steel tube which seemed to line up perfectly. He is also running a camaro T5 trans. My setup will be identical to his. For a radiator I will end up ordering a custom aluminum from the speed shop I work for part time as well as a SPAL electric fan with a remote temo controller. For fuel I am hoping to run the stock in tank fuel pump with an aftermarket FPR to reduce the pressure for the carb. I have heard mixed results when doing this and will see for myself how it works. Poly bushings are on my list of must haves for the whole car, as well as a big brake kit. Main goal for this year is to just get the car driveable in its most basic form.

pass. side mount

drivers side mount

modified tranny crossmember and custom rubber mount

pic of mounted tranny
Slofarmtruck is offline   Reply With Quote