View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 08:31 PM   #235
clinebarger

Re: 700R4 build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSTLESTUFF View Post
Just for clarification as I'm hooking up my switch, the stock orange wire goes on same side as lock up wire and stock white wire goes opposite, correct? Also can I use the spade next to white wire to use for brake controller? Thanks, getting close to firing. Mike

edit: I was refering to pic in post 134 but pic didn't crossover. Mike
Do NOTHING with the Orange or White wire, Those are for your brake lights. Just plug the original brake switch connector onto the two pins closest to the Plunger.

The 2 pins furthest away from the Plunger are what you need too wire up......
Ignition Power too 1 pin, Lock-up solenoid power wire to the other.

The Lock-up Pole on the new brake switch works opposite of the Brake Light Pole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie drop beat View Post
Hi everyone, new member from Aus.... I hope I can pick your brains straight up, i am putting a transgo sk700 kit into my 700r4 and i have hit a snag..... the 2-3 shift valve and the 1-2 low range valve will not remove from the valve body.... i have removed the pins holding them in bit they still will not move, in or out or twist.... any ideas? and will it cause any issues if the rest of the kit is fitted and i leave those two valves as is?

Oh and i have read this thread and great info thank you

Regards
What year Valve Body are you working on?? If it has a 2nd design/Combined TV & Low bushing, Leave the shift springs alone.

The SK-700 (Green Box) is for Type 1 VB's, SK-700JR is for Type 2 VB's.

But, Too answer your question.....
Try pushing on the Bushing, The Spring pressure will generally push back on the Bushing, Do this back & forth til the bushing loosens up.

If it's really stuck, Take a Pocket Flat Blade screw Driver or an Awl & lightly pry on the Valve in the Bushing, Once the bushing starts too move out, Use your thumb to push the Bushing back in....Repeat til the Bushing frees up.

Welcome to the board!
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote