View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 07:18 PM   #1998
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Mui bueno vato. Perfectly new yet worn in, high tech yet vintage at the same time. Love the results!
I hope to see your truck in person someday.
Brian
Thanks a lot, we’re headed back to Louisiana next week, so there’s a better possibility we might see each other around at a show or two
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
I bet it felt good to drive it again! Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69gmcc10 View Post
Simply awesome! How does it drive? It must feel very satisfying looking back at all you have done to this truck and then take it for a drive and be rewarded with every sensory feedback available to human kind and know you did this! I know you aren’t done, but Congratulations Chris!
Thanks dudes! Yes, it was good to “drive” it, though a short trip to the corner to snap a couple of pics was all I managed. It was less than spectacular, as I have no brake lights (or anything else besides what’s required for the engine), no cooling fan, no alignment, the ECM hasn’t had much time to learn, I have a little bit of an oil leak from I don’t know where, and one of the rear calipers blew a seal, so brakes were super mushy. Combine all that with first-time jitters while watching oil pressure and coolant temp and it was more stressful than pleasurable, but still feels good to have it moving under its own power, at least well enough to drive on a trailer. I will say the cam sounds BA at idle, though

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote