View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 11:13 AM   #108
RustyBucket

Re: Blazer half cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbach View Post
No offense, but that looks like a Korean knock-off of a Blazer.
I think the images are squashed a little and make the Blazer look too narrow and tall or fat in the middle.

I have an MTP top that needs paint. I need door and front seals and the rubber around the back window has a gap at the bottom. I never sat it on my Blazer but I'm afraid the hi-back Dodge Durrango buddy buckets are gonna hit the back window. Have the original seats that need recovering. MORE $$$$ !!
PO made a soft half top that closes up pretty good. Uses a cut out inner foof from a pick up to give it shape. 15-20min. install time and I think it's ugly. Maybe because of the Gaylord's hard bed cover but topless in the rain is AWFUL. In a regular convertible as long as you don't stop you don't get too wet. In the Blazer rain blows onto the inside of the windshield from behind(back of my head too) just about as hard as outside. Wipers and defroster on high and I'm flyin' blind.
Attached Images

Current toy trucks:
'71 GMC 1500 SUPER CUSTOM short/step, orig. dk. blue, 350/700r, ps,pb, A/C
'72 Blazer 2wd, ochre & white, 454, tremecTKO 500 5spd. ps, pb, A/C, tilt

Last 10yrs of hobby vehicles, had a FEW more in the 50yrs. before these:
'66 Plymouth Belvedere City of Miami cop car clone.
'70 Nova 406"sb, 13.5-1, solid roller, Brodix, p.glide/t.brake, back halved, 9" Ford, spool 4.88, cage,ladder bar/coilover, 10.5 tire....... SOLD!!
'67 C10 short/step side mount spare -- SOLD!!
'72 Jimmy 2wd, 350/350, ps, pb, fun driver, lots of bondo & a shiny red paint job..... SOLD!!
'69 Nova 350, 4spd, A/C, ps, p.b, ...SOLD!!
RustyBucket is offline   Reply With Quote