View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 12:31 AM   #277
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Did some air line plumbing today. Actually it was more running back and forth to the parts store than anything. Since my dash is a truck dash it has the air pressure guage where the vacuum guage usually is. I teed into the supply hose to the bag controls (Photo 1) and then forward under the carpet to the dash. At the dash is where it got complicated as I had to convert from the steel 1/8" ferule fitting coming out of the guage to the 1/8" push on tubing. I was able to get some 1/8" copper line and a new ferule for the guage at Napa along with new fittings to connect it all together. (Photo 2 makes it clearer) My first try failed and had to get a second set of ferules. I had inserted the copper tubing too deep in the fitting and as I tightened it the tubing bottomed out and distorted resulting in a leak. When working with ferule fittings this small you just have to snug them up or you can crush the tubing. Napa sells the tubing by the foot which was nice. While I was there I installed a desiccant filter (orange cylinder in photo 1) in the supply line to the valves. Now that the guage works I see it is crooked in the bezel. Fracking wonderful. I guess it will only bother me when I look at it. Grrr..
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote