View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 06:01 AM   #291
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Okay sorry for the delay. Life got in the way. Now where was I? First I hooked the new radio harness into the truck, then I snaked the radio into place under the dash and got the rear bracket fasteners snugged up. Now the original plan was to glue the plate in place with some panel adhesive, but there isn't a tube to be had in the shop now. (They installed a new roof in a big sprinter type van this morning.) So I will try using some top quality double sided tape (not the foam style) instead. After cleaning with prepsolv I applied tape on the entire back side of the plate, then painted the plate. While it dried I installed the 6x9 speakers in the doors. They got installed with foam baffles behind them. I know that lots of people say that baffles affect the speakers sound in a bad way but I am looking for them to help keep the speakers dry on the back side. Having seen the how MUCH water runs down inside the doors I am willing to take the trade off. Maybe down the road I will build some kind of enclosure in the door if the sound is just too poor.
Okay catch up photos from the previous post.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 09-10-2017 at 07:21 AM.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote