View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 02:02 AM   #7
akart

Re: Bilstien shock experiment $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
who ever they use the springs are made to there specs . not a basic off the shelf spec .

whats the problem ? ?

lots of guys running them and super happy over on ck5.com site .

unless you changed something or didnt give the right info they should be spot on .

and yes rancho shocks fit like crap . i recently worked on a guys truck and the rancho shock part#'s were correct for his truck and lift hight . but the shocks were limiting spring travel by close to 25% . made for a hard ride . told him but he didnt care .. . . .
First I was to get custom springs and it was to take 3 weeks, fine w/ me they shipped me whatever springs in 1 week,doesn't sound like custom to me. I measured eye to eye and asked what measurements they wanted, they said they knew what I had and they do this all the time. They sent me rear springs 2" too long and told me to move the back mounts.ever try that. Grind off 12 rivets and drill 12 new holes,fun. The front springs rode on the frame and they sent me longer front shackles. I am a stupid old man and I had to spend many hours on the net figuring this out. I was supposed to get a 2" lift, front was 3" (fine) and the back was 7". No answer from them on that (like too bad) maybe it will settle (right) Which threw my castor off and I had to buy 2 degree castor wedges which I have yet to put in because it is a real PIA and they don't want to talk to me anymore but they were sure good at taking my money. It's all my fault you see.
akart is offline   Reply With Quote