View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 12:14 AM   #8
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdw View Post
Iam out in Molalla and in the process of redoing my burb if you need help or parts
Cool! I have a 67 grille for it but I need some driver grade surrounds for it if you have a pair? The current grille is pretty hacked up. It looks OK from 50 feet but not so good up close.
It has been a busy couple days working on the WMB. I drilled 1 inch holes to allow me to spray Por15 into the sills and other void spaces in an attempt to slow the rust. The drip rail sealant had failed so long ago that the panel above the windshield had rust holes into the cab. I drilled two holes by the mirror and one on the passenger side A pillar. I was able to get the spray wand down the driver side A pillar with the wires for the taillights, but not the passenger side with no wires??? The holes felt the same size, but the angles were different and the spray nozzle just would not go down the inside of the pillar. Basically it was 3 days of prep for 3 hours of spraying. I don't believe that I have achieved the 100% coverage that I would like but hopefully that I have cover the worst areas. I'm pretty sure I will be putting a second coat on just for some more peace of mind. This is the first time I have tried this process and it generally went as expected. I haven't been able to get a good close look at it yet and that will have to wait until later this week. But a quick look into the rear hatch showed pretty fair coverage. Obviously there are some areas that I will never be able to inspect. I am hoping that the Por15 will run down to the places the water ran to and give those areas protection. The photos show some of the holes if you look closely.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 02-23-2016 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Forgot the last sentence.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote