View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 07:19 PM   #18
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: serpentine setups..info please

Personally, I think the Delphi on R134A runs pretty close to the original A6 on R12 as far as duct temperatures go but it has been so long since I have ridden in a vehicle with R12 so I can’t really say for sure. Keep in mind, the Delphi was engineered to run R134A so it is pretty efficient. Definitely cooler than the supposed R134A prepped R4 compressor.

Actually hoses aren’t that expensive to have made. Mine cost $80 but I have also known the guy that owns the local Napa store since I was a little kid. I would suspect most hose fabricators would charge around $150 or so to build hoses.

You know, 10 years have gone by now since I bolted those brackets onto my old 350 and I can’t exactly remember which side needed to be delt with. I want to say it was the driver’s side head toward the top intake side of the head that needed to be drilled and tapped but Rob said it was the pass side. Heck, I dunno….but I bet you will figure it out real quick once you get brackets. I remember being pretty worried about drilling into a water jacket and fangling the head up. Hopefully, your aluminum heads have the accessory hole already in them or that will sure make things exciting for you, as would be no other way to fasten the bracket to the head on that corner.

Here is the pic of the F and B body car brackets.
Attached Images