View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 10:24 PM   #24
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Minor progress tonight -- had a busy evening with the kids after work. Got the seat and gas tank pulled out and disconnected the rag joint for the steering column and that's about it. Considering I didn't take time to change out of my work clothes to do it, that's not bad.

As you can see, I really have my work cut out for me with this cab. To be honest, if I had ready access to one that was significantly better I wouldn't even consider trying to save this one. But here in Minnesota I'm not finding anything good enough to justify the cost and hassle of swapping cabs, so unless something comes along unexpectedly I'll be forging ahead with this one.

Wish I had known last summer that the full floors would be coming along. Bought all the sheet metal in sections at a local swap meet last September because the price was right and I didn't have to worry about shipping, but now I really wish I had that money back. Still might contact the guy I got the parts from and see if he's got the full floor now. If he could bring it to this fall's swap meet I'd consider it since I could avoid the $150 shipping charge. (Sorry ... just thinking "out loud"....)
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 07-21-2008 at 10:26 PM.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote