View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #67
DanSaco

Re: 700r4 lockup help

Aha. The plot thickens. I've learned that my throttle cable is not opening the throttle all the way. Not even close. So that explains why the tv cable adjustment has been impossible to get right. And probably part of the reason it wouldn't kick down. And definitely why the truck feels like a slug if I try to get on it. Precious test drives I wasn't flooring it, as I was trying to be gentle to the trans.
So. As I said before, I bought the geometry correction bracket that someone recommended early on in this thread, it was a Jegs item made for this swap. What's really dumb, however, that it doesn't take into account that people may replace their quadrajet with an edelbrock but not change the intake manifold. So the carb adapter uses the holes they expect you to use, so you can't bolt it down with both rear carb bolts, it doesn't line up. What I did was use the closest carb bolt, so the bracket is as close to right as possible. Doesn't account for my throttle cable being inches too close. Idk if I can put a different bracket behind this new bracket maybe, and run the throttle cable through the existing hole.
I don't feel like the bottom hole, where the tv cable goes thru is out of place. But using the hole above that for the throttle cable is way wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
DanSaco is offline   Reply With Quote