View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
JTR

Re: 65 3/4 ton 4x4 buildup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeduk8r View Post
That's great.. I am looking at doing something very similar with a running gear from a 72 K20 and a 65 GMC body.... what exactly did you have to do with the body mounts to get the cab and clip to mount up correctly???? That is my biggest stumbling block as I plan this out... Thanks for the post!!!
--Mike
65 on 69 frame = move rear cab mount out appro 2"

69 on 65 frame = drill new hole for bolt in original mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Gilbert View Post
Hello JTR,

Welcome from Arizona. Your progress to this point looks great. What is up with the bed, it does not look right? What are your plans for your truck, the stock look or modified look? Also what are your plans for paint. Have you been over to the 4x4 Forum on this board and checked out the thread "Post Pics, Let's See How Many 60-66 4x4's Are Out There". If you haven't go on over and check it out, this will give you the inspiration to shift into high gear and get that project done. Keep us posted with your progress.
Bed is someone's attempt to make a short box out of a long box by bobbin it. That bed went to the recyler. Currently looking for a short fleet box for this project in northern Nevada or California.

Plans for paint are Black Polyurethane Aircraft paint. A friend of mine can hook me up with some for a case of beer. How can I pass that up?

This rig is actually for my wife, she likes Chevy shortbox's and I had some parts laying around. This is my first Chevy build so I am having fun learning something new.

Thanks for the excellent info on this site!
JTR is offline   Reply With Quote