View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 02:54 AM   #1
Orig AZ Burb

Newbie Looking for some guidance :-)

Hello fellow Burb owners,
I just purchased a 1972 Chevrolet C-10 Burb and was looking for some feedback and advice if anyone is able to assist it would be greatly appreciated.

My Burb was purchased new in Phoenix, Arizona and I am the third owner.It was stored in a garage up until about 8 years ago when it was then transferred outside once the prior owner passed. It has all original copper metallic paint that now has a patina from the AZ sun but I think it looks awesome being all original so I would like to preserve it by either waking it or clear coating the old paint. I have to recover the front seat due to the sun cracking the original parchment seat.

I am not wanting to invest a ton of money in my new rig as it is an extremely bare bones, low option truck. I was just going to cruise it for a while and see how it goes. I dont seem to keep my stuff all that long with the exception of my 33 Ford 3W coupes LOL. It has the 250 6cyl i think. It was originally a three speed on the colum but when the oriignal owner purchased a larger travel trailer in 1973 he converted the truck to a 4 speed on the floor with granny low. The original owner did not order any of the rear seats, front bench only. The only options that I can tell appear to be the soft ray tinted glass, a cigarette lighter, dome light, and heavy duty front of and rear springs. So so so few options.

One of my questions is to see if you guys feel that investing much in the truck is a losing proposition since most people would want a V8 of LS swap etc. I originally got it with the intentions of an LS swap however, it is so original and basic that I dont have the heart to do that. I feel like there are fewer and fewer basic original trucks left as they are always pretty modified from what I have seen. I really like how “Anolog” for lack of a better word that this truck is, when I drive it, it feels like a total escape/decompression time as it is so basic, that part is pretty cool, I enjoy it.

I have seen guys modify the rear cargo area with the truck style bed rails and chrome strips and I really think that look is really sharp, do you guys think that would add any value to the truck or would I be better off just leaving it alone.

Thx,
Steve
Orig AZ Burb is offline   Reply With Quote