View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 05:01 AM   #421
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

I tried to use stock style metal/rubber lines for the hydroboost setup but I just couldn't get them straightened out enough for them to tuck under the inner fender like the original lines did, so I decided to use high pressure PTFE AN lines to make it look better. I made up the pressure hoses from the pump to the HB, and from the HB to the steering gear. I figured I would just use the stock hard line and rubber hose for the gear box return to the pump and a rubber line for the "spit" tube off of the HB Tee'd into the return line. After staring at the return hose and the ugly gigantic loop that it forces me to have on the rubber line, I need to make a decision as to which way I want to go. I also don't like how high my metal bend is for the "spit" line compared to the AN fittings on the pressure ports.

I could make a new hard line coming off of the gear box that would eliminate the huge loop and figure out a way to lower my spit tube bend, or just go AN for the return and Tee fittings... I've ordered the parts to go either way, we'll see how it plays out.
Attached Images

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote