View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #383
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Alright time to kick it back up to the top with some progress........ When we last left our hero was attempting to finish wiring the tailights. Before I soldered all my connections I wanted to make sure all my tail, brake, turn and license plate lights worked. This meant i would have to make the final connections at the battery. Sooooo I figured I would go out and buy some fancy terminals for the battery connections, big mistake. After finding some nice ones at Sonic Electronics that claimed they were for 1/0 guage wire, I poped for $40. And here is what I ended up with................

There is no way these will fit 1/0 wire buy the time I peeled back enough wire to get the cable in the hole I had more like 2/0 wire left. That wasn't going to cut it!
[/URL]
So I ended up just going to the local Tractor Supply store and buying regualr battery cables. Thanx Sonic for ripping me off. So it's pretty self explanatory. Big red goes to starter.(the loose red wire is from the MSD box) The 2 big black wires are one ground to block, and the other to frame. The 2 small blacks are grounds from tail lights and from GPS speedo.
[/URL]
Once I got over that debacle, susprisingly enough all my lights worked!
[/URL]
Mr Magoo could care less..............
[/URL]

Then it was onto headliner and all the inner tin work. This all went amazingly easy. Especially the headliner, which for some reason everbody struggles with. But for some reason it went right in! I orginally wanted to upholster it but for some reason the glue I was using wouldn't hold. I think it may be because of the super smooth finish that was on the headliner which looked terrible. So I just refinished the headliner with a textured black finish. Maybe once I find a better glue I will take it back down and try it agian. At this point I just want to get the truck on the road.
[/URL]
Also got the seat belts in, (which after all the work I had to do to extend the door jambs), worked out really nice!
[/URL]
After the debacle with my windshield gasket from Steele rubber I debated on where to buy the rear window seal. After drinking the Kool Aid, again. I decided to give Steele another try. Once agian it looks like I have the same problem as my windsheild seal. It looks way to small to me. So I am still debating on wether or not to use this one.
[/URL]
Next up, I have the doors back on the truck with all new hinges. I am just waiting on some mirrors and then I can send the hinge pins home, and re-assemble the window and lock mechanisms.
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote