View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #8
Rust-O-Matic

Re: Correct clock/phasing/orientation of yokes on '66 C20 2 piece driveshaft

Thanks guys, for confirming what I suspected. I think Aussie hit the nail on the head.

I replaced all the u-joints and center bearing myself, because I literally don't trust any local shop to do it correctly. Then I took it to have the balance checked because I wasn't certain I got the center yoke back in the correct orientation. That's when things went south. If I could have balanced it myself too, I sure would have.

Since the idiot at the shop smeared black paint all over everything (which I'm still pissed about) once he got done "balancing" it, none of my original marks still exist. So even if I take it back apart and rotate the center yoke to be 90 degrees out like Jay's pics show, the two shaft halves could still be installed 180 degrees out, and the whole shaft be out of balance. I guess if that's the case it will vibrate and I'll just have to take it back out and press them apart again, and turn it.

Good grief, why is the easy stuff always the hardest part? This started out as a simple u-joint switch-a-roo to make sure that wasn't part of my vibration issue...
Rust-O-Matic is offline   Reply With Quote