View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 03:10 AM   #87
56hotrodred

Re: 56 task force on 80 1/2 ton frame pictures

Well big day today, in fact the last few days have been big or at least long days!!!

I was working on getting the truck ready to take into the body shop - about an hours drive from here.

Had a few issues with getting the brakes to work and the power steering filled up with fluid and then stopped several leaks after they were fill. Both had their own individual issues that took a fair amount of time.

The brakes I never did get working but I believe that is due to the old front callipers that I continued to use for mock-up. It looks like they have seized up or something or just dried out. They have been sitting dry for quit some time. I did not want to change them over to new ones yet as I am going to get my mechanic, before he inspects it prior to registration, to change the rotors and callipers and check all my front end work prior to alignment. Having him check it all over is a good idea I think.

The power steering, without engine running, was just to get some fluid in and get ride of leaks. That I did but then I could hardly steer it! I ended up removing most of the power steering fluid and at least you can steer it now. The guys at the body shop thanked me for that one as it makes their lives much easier.

When we get back in late March I will take rear window in and we will put both front and back windows in. I will do side windows when I get it home after I get some hush mat or something in them.

Anyway here is a picture of it outside for the first time and another with it loaded up. Notice no snow on the hills!!! Pretty nice winter so far but it has been really windy lately.
Attached Images

56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote