Thread: SiX-fo SuBuRbAn
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #96
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: SiX-fo SuBuRbAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
What length front & rear springs did you use also could you share some pics of the rear spring hangers.
I haven't mounted the back rear hangers yet, but did get the front mounted, and have a pic of that for the next post, I will have to measure the lengths for you, the rear are stock 88 3/4 ton 4X4 'burb, and the front are a 4 inch lift spring that (aftermarket) that I got off of the front of an 87 1/2 ton 4X4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
My BBC book says that the casting # 3855961 was for 1966. Is a 396 and could have been either 325 or 360HP. According to chevy blueprints, it shows it to be a 2bolt block and is identical to casting #3855977 (366 truck) except for the passenger car deck heights, cylinder wall revisions and minor casting and machining. Does not have dowel pins for locating timing chain cover. Casting date on the right lower side near the freeze plug in front of the starter. Has the tall tower distributor casting boss. The code TIII3IVR is for the Tonawanda plant, Nov 13 and the IVR is for the 396 w/TH400 pass car w/Rochester. Chevy often used the letter I in place of the #1. Still working on the serial #
thanks for this, that tIII3 was confusing me, I am thinking that the serial # will turn out to be an impala... if it turns out to be a chevelle the motor will probably be worth more than the whole project!
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote