View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #20
Awjunkies

Re: Insulating Suburban

Got my burb painted, put the new wood bed I made in Saturday and on this insulation step now. Putting a dynamat/fatmat type insulation on the steel floor.

Lizard skin is good for roof and sides/doors but expensive, they sell one for heat and noise reduction.

One of the biggest perks of working in the high end restoration business for 10+ years I learned a lot from the actual vendors where they developed their products. For my 74 mini clubman race car I made before the burb I used a latex paint/insuladd combo since all I had in the interior was seats and a rollbar and it helped a ton.

Lizard skin and all the other companies sell you a premixed formula. Look at insuladd.com and see the benefits. Be wary of amazon and eBay they sell a replica version and it doesn't work as well.

Bought the insuladd heat and a gallon of generic paint for a 1/4 the price. Made it extra thick and coated the inside roof, sides, and doors yesterday. Putting in some foil backed styrofoam on the roof and frp panels/trim lock I got from Home Depot.

Awjunkies is offline   Reply With Quote