View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 08:08 PM   #25
theastronaut

Re: Seeking Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
I'm thinking the Canyon is a pretty good candidate for that swap but unless the body is shot I'd wonder about the wisdom of cutting up a nice and at least around here rather valuable truck to do the swap. If it's a bit on the rough side, head on.

I just spotted these gauges the other day and they are not inexpensive running around or above 1100.00 but they are trick. https://con2r.com/1947-chevy-gauges The outfit makes just about everything to the sell one at a time to order. they make some great looking steering wheels that are not cheap either.
I used a set of their gauges on a '51 GMC we're building at work. They're really nice, but they take a bit of work to make them fit. Not sure if GMC gauges mount differently than Chevy gauges, but I had to do some trimming on their mounting ears to make them drop in the holes. Also had to trim the firewall brace under the gauges since the gauge buckets are pretty deep. They look great in the truck and are worth the bit of work it takes to make them fit.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote