View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 11:25 PM   #799
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

today was a much better day. the evaporator sits in the right spot now. I was able to drill and mount the dash and cowl brackets that triangulate off of the main bracket. doin this made me install and remove the evaporator 4 times but that's just how this stuff goes. I went to install the control and vent bracket (all one piece) that is supposed to follow the line of the lower dash and it didn't fit right. this one was my fault. I had to install and remove it about 9 times. however with a couple of power tools a trip to the hardware store and about 2 hours it fits beautifully. better than they intended I bet. I had to remove it one more time to install the knobs and decals. that's where I'm at now. I'm hoping tomorrow to start the wiring. I knew this install would be non-standard since my truck is a Frankensteins monster of a truck but I momentarily forgot. I'm back on track and feeling good. I called vintage air and asked about a driver side compressor bracket and they do have one but its a real Hassel to install. you have to remove the alternator and water pump to install the bracket and then you can mount the compressor. I can extend the alternator wires as quickly as I can remove the whole front of the motor. so I'm going to just move the alternator. its really not that big of a deal I just hate undoing work that's been done and is working.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote