View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #41
da_bears_da1

Angry Re: [B]65 Stepside Frame off Resto[/B]

Didn't realize it has been so long since an update. My daughter is moving back to our area so spent a week house shopping. We finally got back to work yesterday. As you will see we have been cleaning up the firewall and fixing the back of the cab.

As you can see the PO hacked up the firewall putting on a brake booster. He also drilled a number of holes all over the firewall.
Name:  DSC_0265.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  22.3 KB

Got the firewall cleaned up. I love the look of a very clean firewall so am going to go with an economy/recirculating heater. Have been looking for 64-66 heater delete plates and only found one bad set for $80. Decided the heck with it and cut patches and welded them in. We also got all of the holes we don't need filled.
Name:  DSC_0269.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  38.9 KB

We then moved to the back of the cab. We had previously put on both cab corners but had cancer next to them on the bottom. The driver's side was only 3-4 inches but the passenger side was about 8-9 inches. Spent a frustrating day making patches for the bottom of the cab. Had to throw away a couple of attempts on the drivers side, just had a hard time getting the radius right and then the bottom return the right length.
Name:  DSC_0271.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  30.5 KB

Here are both sides. The passenger's side had some thin metal around the patches so it took a day of welding, grinding to get it all filled in.
Name:  DSC_0272.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  27.0 KB
Name:  DSC_0270.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  27.1 KB

Now we are going to get the rockers attached. Bought a set of doors off of another guy on this site. Mine were a patch work of filler and rust. Now that the doors are back from soda blasting, we can put them on today and get the rockers done. It has been 2.5 months of work on the cab so it is nice to see an end to the metal work on it.

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote