View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Re: Anyone have pics of 9.00 r16 on their 4x4?

Those tires look like the Power Kings and Regul Trailblazers. I think they are all the same tire under different names. Universal Tire,a vintage tire co. like Coker, had a set of Trailblazers on display at an antique truck show I was at last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Those look great!! How did they clear on the 72 with no lift? I see in the GM literature there was a 9.5 16.5 offered, that size I cannot find.
The 9.50-16.5s are a shorter wider tire,basically a wide oval profile...a whole different profile. I offered up the 255/85s because your title indicates you're looking for radials and I don't know of any 9.00 radials ever made. These 255/85s don't rub and my truck sits lower than stock. The front springs are very negatively arched. Not much room to stops. I've been sitting on a 6" lift/37/12.50 Super Swampers I was going to install on a truck I sold. The plan has been to put all that on my '72 just to use it. I've come around to preferring it not so big,but figured I'd wear them out,then sell lift,install shorter one,and smaller tires. Well,now I've decided to just sell that stuff and lift less. It's hard to tell what an xx" lift would do since I'm not sure how much lower than stock I am now. I have a set of 9.75 Hurricanes and a set of 9.75 slots,so I want a wider tire for those to switch around. Now that I see Rob's Stepside I think I'll be good with 4"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote