View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #32
mzsigler

Re: 82 Silverado restomod - turbo LSx build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
Yes, finally some pics of you doing some work, ha ha, wonderful job man, great pics, documentation and feedback. 11mm bolt you said, those pesky metrics came into the picture, I am so glad my truck is pure standard size nuts and bolts, hee hee

as far as the panels, well, mine were all plastic so I painted them using special vinyl paint, not perfect but turned out ok, (give yours the finger nail scratch test if you can scratch off powdery stuff under your finger nails they are too far gun, if you can't then stain/paint the plastic) yours have fuzz on them (aka much fancier) so donno, maybe steam clean them, or get some new fuzz and have your window guy replace those sections, shouldn't be too difficult looks like a flat piece

Dupli-Color Vinyl and Fabric Paint their Desert Sand Vinyl & Fabric Coating 11 oz. Aerosol looks pretty close

top tip, shop vac the bottom of the inside of the doors, to prevent old hardened rubber and plastic and god knows what else from rattlin' in there and clocking up the bottom drain vents / openings / cracks

also its a good time to take out the door latch/lock mechanism and clean it up real good and re grease it, you'll thank me later it is probably super rusty and crusty in there
I'm actually glad mine is metric, this is the first thing I've owned that's old enough to be even mixed, even my 87 Grand National was mostly metric

It looks like the little fuzzy patches are just screwed on, I might pull them off since I have some time and see if my girlfriend can cover them in some vinyl, I honestly dislike all the carpeting on the door. That part I could take or leave but the carpeting at the bottom is gonna have to go. I just have to figure out how to do it without making it look terrible.

I'll get in there and vacuum those doors out tomorrow and clean and lube the latch tomorrow, that's an excellent idea, especially considering it's going to be taken apart for a few days no matter what.
mzsigler is offline   Reply With Quote