View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
Slowguy

Re: On3 single turbo lq4

I don't know why I always make my decision so complex. I thought the same thing...just asking for trouble if I can't get the simplest reply about their product, especially when they are just packaging super cheap Chinese goods.

I guess, if I were smart, I'd piece the kit together. I think I'll get the KB log manifold, crossover pipe, and down pipe. Then I can get a Vs racing chinese turbo (seem to have decent reviews) or spring for a borg turbo, and then a chinese intercooler kit.

I think I have most of the engine block figured out and slowly getting it reassembled. It should be plenty strong for mild boost I am anticipating. Hoping for 550 whp with 10-14 psi, elgin turbo cam, arp bolts, new rings and bead hone, and rings have all been gapped to .028.

I think that power level will feel insane in a truck like this. Without the right rubber in the rear, I'm not even sure it'll connect most of the time under 40 mph or so. Right now, my plans are for 285 40 22 in rear and 265 35 22 in front. 12 bolt rear dif and I'll swap in a posi. Also going with a mild stall converter 2200-2400 in the 4l80e i will put one of those shift kits in.
Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote