View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 10:52 PM   #96
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Today I put the steering wheel on because I needed to use some washers as spacers under the upper shaft bearing so it didn't hit the square tubing near where it's mounted. I figured I would see where it put the wheel while sitting in it. Felt good so I'll leave it as is.

The next step is sheet metal, starting around the passenger side foot well. Mark for rivet holes, drill holes, reinstall and drill rivet holes in tubing, remove, clean and paint the sheet metal, put on silicone, reinstall with a couple screws then finally rivet in place. Then move on to the next piece. Very tedious and time consuming but it's coming along.

I need to get some under coating for the floor pan pieces. And I also need to decide on what to use for heat and sound control before I get to far and access gets difficult.

Oh and the brand new bushings in the rear lower control arms are falling apart before they are even used. I think they are delrin which are supposed to be decent. A balance between the stiff polyurethane and soft rubber. This is really a kick in the nads. Putting the bushings in the control arms wasn't so bad. Putting the control arms in the car was kind of a b1tCH. Chinesium delrin apparently.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote