View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 10:10 PM   #148
Dave_The_BMXER

Re: 51 GMC 'Project Why Wait'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest67 View Post
that fan shroud looks good, but you may want to add some more 'vents' (cut outs) to the other side as well, as the area that has no vents will not provide any cooling.

also, may want to add an air deflector on the lower part to direct the air through the rad.

that is a really cool looking truck,
Thanks! I don't think I'll cut the shroud, but I might find the lower deflector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Sounds good. Airflow can be the concern since so much of the radiator is covered by the cowl/hood. You might need to add some ducting between the bottom of the radiator forward to the grill (think of the stock setup with the lower splash pan and you will know what I mean). This way it directs the air coming into the grill up into the radiator. This was one of the improvements I made to mine to help with cooling.

Not trying to cast doom and gloom just offering somethings I ran into incase you have similar challenges. That is a good problem to have tho as it means its driving and on the road.

Marc
Yes, good problems to have in motion. I think I have the stock splash pan to modify. I just need to find it... I feel like I came across it a year ago wondering where it fit lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
That is a really nice rad/fan combo. I can't wait to see this thing in person.
Hopefully this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Really like the radiator/fan combo, nice looking unit...Jim
It's solid. They make a really slim model too but it's more money. Super slick looking though.
Dave_The_BMXER is offline   Reply With Quote