View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 12:04 PM   #55
hewittca

Re: 22" Gm Transport wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCST View Post
Yea that would’ be awesome if you have time to measure them. No rush man. So my plan would be this (tell me if I’m missing anything here)

1.) get all 4 wheel centers bored to clear the hubs
2.) run 1.25-1.5” spacers on the rears (either find ones that fit our hubs or get them bored as well) if I’m reading your instructions right I shouldn’t have to use spacers on the fronts.
3.) make sure the studs now are long enough to clear the new setup. I’m gonna look at what the other guys mentioned above and check out the Toyota style spacers that may fit.

I’m going to run a hubcentric spacer if at all possible for safety and stability reasons so if I find a solution that fits I’ll def let you know. Thanks again for the help man much appreciated
Posted via Mobile Device
That looks mostly good to me. Some notes

1) Correct. Only exception here is if you plan to do a disk swap in the process of getting these wheels mounted. The rotors have a smaller hub and fit inside the transit center without boring them. If you are running all drums, then they all need to be bored.

2)Correct. No spacers on front needed. The rears are technically called adapters. There are no spacers that wide. Adapters bolt to your existing studs and then have their own studs that the wheel bolts to.

3)See 2). You won't need to replace the studs if you run adapters.

The only thing you didn't mention is getting the lugnuts I referenced above. I HIGHLY recommend getting those for the fronts. for the rears, you won't need them if you get adapters because those usually have the larger studs in them (and I think they come with lugnuts).
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote