View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #7
Kartch1

Re: Camaro Clip Measurement. Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
diagram above measurements reference the front of cab as a baseline, so the firewall. maybe gotta stick the cab back on with decent mounts or do the math so you can figure the centreline from the cab mount. be aware that the ride height of the truck will affect the axle centreline because the wheel opening is tapered at the rear and rounded at the front. if you install the clip with the stock centreline of axle, and you lower the truck in the process, then the wheel will look like it is too far back. wheel diameter also affects that look. take a look at some of the other camaro clip conversions on here and ask questions about the ones you like. usually an inch ahead of the stock mark is what i have heard guys are doing.
before you cut the frame do a check to make sure it is square and straight. measure corner to corner, you are allowed 1/8" out of whack. then run a stringline or laser down the centreline of the frame front to rear and measure to ensure the frame doesn't have a wow in it. these old trucks have been around for awhile so who knows what thwy have ben through.
Thanks guys. I have that diagram but I have worried about where exactly "front of the cab" is actually measured from.
Kartch1 is offline   Reply With Quote