View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 11:35 PM   #59
sprint_9

Re: Are you guys as disappointed with 07 and up chevy trucks as i am?

I bought an 07 Silverado used about 2 years ago now. Really clean truck, 70000 miles on an 8 or 9 year old vehicle. I put mabe 300 miles on it before I heard a loud bang one day, and next thing I knew I was down to 7 cylinders. Long story short it ended up being a lifter, luckily for me after the truck sat for 10 min and cooled the lifter locking pin would re-engauge, so I tuned it out and decided to drive it, no big deal.

Fast forward another 3 months and I have about 1500 miles on the truck. I get an engine oil low warning. This seemed odd as I had just changed the oil when I bought it. So I check it and its not even on the dipstick, wtf, I never had any puddles, no noticeable smoking. Another long story short, I got it to slow down a little with a new updated valve cover, but the rings must have been caked.

Another 3 months on from that the transmission suffered a major fault, bad enough Im surprised the case wasnt split into two pieces. It was the factory unit, fluid was good, from what I could tell it hadnt pulled much. I put a rebuilt trans in it and cut my losses, the thing was an absolute lemon. I think I put less than 10k miles on it and did nothing but work on it.

So I bought a 14 Silverado 1500, it really is alot nicer truck. It still has its faults, for one why doesnt chevy coat their frames with something that doesnt suck, I mean the thing is rusting out in 3 years. The new direct injection is a joke too, the way these engines suck oil through the pcv system all that oil ends up coking up the intake valves. Oh, and my oil pan is leaking, leaving spots on the floor. Other than that its a good truck, sad thing is I dont know what I would buy instead.
sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote