View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #19
mr48chev

Re: How much rust is too much?

Well I can't say a blooming thing against buying a good solid cab and using the original title and vin tag. I'm in the process of doing it for the second time around. Truth be known I think the left front fender is the only original part of the truck left from when I bought it in 1973 and redid it then.
There will still be enough of the original truck left so that Pawpaw's spirit rides along and oversees the goings on.

If it were a newer cab for a high dollar late model truck I wouldn't think that way but hopefully the photos the seller showed show a truck that has sat for a while and there are enough photos to show that it is worth the price and cost of shipping.

On the donor cab I'd believe he probably bought it from a guy a couple hundred miles south of me who is out in Eastern Oregon and sells a lot of parts off these trucks.

Getting it hauled east may be a challenge though. It needs to be on a skid big enough so that it can be picked up with a forklift and not damaged.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote