View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #39
LH Lead-Foot

Re: GM Pulse Generator for electroc speedo

The LS engine swap I have planned, is using an 2003 Gen3 5.3L truck engine. According to DD, SEN-01-128 produces an A/C type VSS signal required to allow my PCM to operated correctly. As an ASE Master Tech, if fixed stuff, not building from mixed parts. The PCM has two circuits VSS input with 822 (LT GRN/BLK) connector C2 (GRN) cavity 20 is VSS Low. Circuit 821 (PPL/WHT) connector C2 (GRN) cavity 21 is VSS High. With DD HF Sensor, would signal out go to PCM high? Would ground go to PCM low? Is this the correct method used to produce a 128K VSS input?
The PCM can be programmed to produce an output to match anyone's speedo, which is circuit 817 connector C2 (GRN) cavity 50 (DK GRN/WHT) is PCM buffered output to IPC, Radio and optional equipment like Rear Wheel Steering and Rear Object Sensor Control Module, via Splice Pack. On my 03" donor, the PCM uses C2 (GRN) circuit 821 cavity 49 (YEL/BLK) is used to provide VSS input to the ABS module, that I will not be using.
I am just trying to follow along to make sure I get this straight in my head first...before the wallet opens.
LH Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote